THINK GLOBAL - ACT LOCAL
Openness, honesty, trust, empathy, authenticity and appreciation form the basis of our entrepreneurial actions.
The Sustainability Code "fairpflichtet" accompanies us here as a voluntary commitment to corporate responsibility for sustainability in the organization and implementation of ecologically and economically successful events.
Building services engineering
The multifunctional event location in the heart of the Ruhr region meets all the requirements of a state-of-the-art event hall. Energy-efficient and resource-saving aspects were already taken into account during the planning phase of the refurbishment:
- Networked computer-controlled heating
and ventilation system with heat recovery
- Modern building management system (BMS) control system
- fully automatic blackout system and energy-efficient LED lighting as well as insulated glass windows and heat-reducing window films
- Digital meeting technology and recyclable furniture
- Water quantity limiter in the sanitary area
- Accessibility in all areas
Electricity, water and district heating are provided for Grand Hall by local utility companies. All measurement and consumption values are continuously checked and digitally recorded in order to quickly and efficiently identify and exploit potential savings. Energy consumption can be recorded in real time for each event and evaluated on a consumption-specific basis.
- 100% green electricity
- Intelligently controlled, digital load management
- District heating connection
- Energy efficient LED illuminant
- Water saving sanitary facilities
THINK GLOBAL - ACT LOCAL
We order office supplies, drinking water and all consumables from fixed partners in the region. This protects the environment, reduces the volume of traffic and also promotes the regional economy.
- Minimization of fossil fuel consumption during transport as well as distribution by regional partners
- Promotion of the regional economy through local networks
- Equality and transparency in remuneration through Equal Pay - guaranteed equal pay for equal work
Only if the perfect service is accompanied by good food, it can be a successful event. Selection and preparation of the dishes are carried out in regional production facilities under ecological aspects and the highest hygiene standards.
- Regional partner network
- Seasonal dishes from controlled organic cultivation
- Efficient and short transport routes
- Effective "Just in Time" supply chains
- Consistent use of reusable articles
We have developed our concept for waste reduction, waste disposal and recyclables management in cooperation with local waste management companies. It is being successively expanded and optimized to cover our entire value chain and ensure a dense network of measures for recyclables management.
- Recycling, upcycling and reprocessing of recyclable materials
- Digital document processing - the paperless office
- Use of reusable systems (tableware, decoration, furniture, technology, non-food catering)
- Separation of recyclable materials Paper, cardboard, glass, packaging material
- Food waste recycling via closed loop systems
The central location and good connections to public transport and train stations enable environmentally friendly travel, generate synergies between the respective means of transport and guarantee resource-saving arrival and departure.
- Central location in the heart of the Metropole Ruhr
- Situated only 15 min. from Essen main station
- Deutsche Bahn event ticket offer for
aCO2-neutral journey at a low fixed price
- DB "Call a Bike Station" available at the station
- E-mobility sharing services for cars, scooters and scooters
- Streetcar and bus stops only 5 min. away
- Shuttle bus lines for direct arrivals and departures
Estimate theCO2 emissions of your event with just a few inputs
Conducting climate-friendly events - for an initial overview, it is worthwhile to determine the currentCO2 footprint of an event: In this way, taking into account certain parameters (such as travel options, power supply, heating, meals, ...), the direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions can be calculated and potential savings identified.
With these free online tools from the Federal Environment Agency, you can easily find out:
How sustainable is your event?
CO2 calculator for events
What is yourCO2 footprint for trips and travel?
CO2 quick check